Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New Baby

We have a new arrival here in Korea!

Her name is Arin Lindelle Page (in Korean 송아린) Name books list the name Arin as being of Hebrew origin, meaning "enlightened," but actually we adapted it from "Alina," a Scandanavian name meaning "noble and kind." Arin works much better in Korean. Her Korean name means "a beautiful mountain spring." Her middle name, Lindelle, is named for her grandfather.

Eunnie and I went into the hospital this morning at about 7:20, when she was having contractions about 15 minutes apart. Once we arrived, things started happening very quickly, and Arin was born at 8:10AM local time. She weighed 3.68 kg, or 8.1 lbs. Everything went quickly and smoothly, and both mother and baby are resting healthily and happily in the hospital. We will move them to Eunnie' parents' place in Geojin (45min. north of here) on Friday.

We are very thankful that everything went well and that God has blessed us with such a lovely little girl.

I will try to have pictures up on my blog ASAP. You can find it by pasting this link in your browser:



A friend of mine uploaded some pictures to this site, too.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/skindleshanks/

I'll write a bit more soon, but I'm heading back to the hospital for now.

Love,
Norlan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home